Aerial Mapping System Operator
Resource Mapping Hawaii is looking for an aerial mapping system operator for our operations in the state of Hawaii based in Honolulu. This position is a part time position with the potential for full time employment. The job requires a technically minded individual capable of learning multiple hardware systems, software, and operational acuity. Any applicant with prior experience is desired but will not be a requirement given the relatively obscure nature of this position. A background in GIS is a plus and will be one of the skills that will be required to learn if not already familiar. The position will require a love of flying in small general aviation aircraft and work throughout the state. A list of the systems / software that the successful applicant will be required to run and will be trained on are as follows:
- 1. LiDAR systems
- 2. Photogrammetric camera systems (digital)
- a. Nadir based ortho mapping
- b. Oblique based 3D mapping
- 3. Thermal mapping
- 4. GPS base station deployment
- 5. GIS data manipulation and evaluation
- 6. Flight planning
- 7. Post mission QC, flight logs, and data shipment
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with the skills and experience brought to the position. The successful candidate will initially be paid hourly and will have a 2 month probation period. After that time, payment schedule and terms will be negotiated.
Other General Requirements
- · Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions.
- · Must have a driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- · Possess the ability to obtain a valid passport for international travel.
- · Possess a High School Diploma and two years of college/technical training
- · Have a fundamental knowledge of computer operations and the aptitude to operate high-tech sensors during flight as well as data processing software.
- · Have the ability to read and understand maps
RMH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV and letter of interest.