2021 Geospatial Summit
NOAA’s National Geodetic Survey will host a completely virtual 2021 Geospatial Summit on May 4-5, 2021. The event is open to the public, and registration is free. Registration information is available online.
The 2021 Geospatial Summit will provide updated information about the planned modernization of the National Spatial Reference System (NSRS). Briefly:
- NGS plans to replace the North American Datum of 1983 (NAD 83) and the North American Vertical Datum of 1988 (NAVD 88) in the coming years.
- NSRS Modernization will impact federal mapping agencies, engineers, surveyors, and many other geospatial applications and user groups.
- This event will continue discussions from previous Geospatial Summits held in 2010, 2015, 2017 and 2019.
Attend this year’s Geospatial Summit to:
- hear about NGS’s progress in modernizing the NSRS;
- learn about the benefits of NSRS modernization;
- prepare for how the transition will impact your work;
- ask questions of NGS experts;
- and share your feedback about the planned changes.
Additional information about the 2021 Geospatial Summit will be posted online. Email questions or comments to NGS.Infocenter@noaa.gov.