Federal Strategies, a rapidly growing small business in Fredericksburg VA, is seeking a hardworking GIS individual to support the United States Marine Corps. Military experience with US ranges desired, particularly with the Range Managers Tool Kit (RMTK), be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance, and ideally possess 5-7 years of ArcGIS use and experience. Individual will support the USMC Range and Training Area Management (RTAM) division. Required work will be based in Guam. This is not a remote work position.
Click Here to Apply
The GIS Technical Analyst will work as part of the Range and Training Area Management (RTAM) Team supporting the updating and production of Military Installation Maps (MIMs) and Military Installation Map Installation Commanders Special (MIMICS) map products. The GIS Analyst will work with standardized Military Operations (MILOPS) geospatial data readily available. GIS analysts will update feature classes with inputs from range controls, other installation departments, and by conducting data collection as required. In addition, the GIS analyst will provide GIS solutions for Range Safety, Management, and Operations as well as range-related data, and serving as a technical point of contact to others both internal and external to RTAM. Individual will provide support to MCB Camp Blaz. Some travel may be required for range data collection at locations in the USMC MCI PAC Region.
- Required: GIS Certified
- Desired: Bachelor’s Degree in GIS/Geography, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field of study with 5-7 years of experience using ESRI GIS tools. Expertise with Marine Corps weapons, ranges, and military operations, particularly in the use of the RMTK a plus.
- Familiarity with military range operations and safety procedures a plus.
- Prior Military Service a plus.
Must be able to obtain a SECRET Clearance.
Contact us: https://fed-strat.com/contact/
- Create, update, and maintain MIM products for installations within the western pacific.
- Define requirements and elements with stakeholders
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop and propose recommended methodology and capture/catalog data to create MIMs / MIMICS.
- Utilize the MIM data as base map for MIMICS with additional defined elements data.
- Document and utilize SharePoint for version control.
- Follow a MIMs / MIMICS Quality Assurance/Quality Control checks and producing Draft, Draft Final, and Final iterations.
- Ensure the alignment of current real property Common Installation Picture (CIP) data, stored in GeoFidelis with both iNFADS and RFMSS records, as well as identify data gaps in all three databases.
- Provide daily ad hoc RMTK planning products to include updated weapons danger zones, surface dangers zones, deviation maps, range certification support graphics, range clearance analysis, and SOP/SPINS/Cards for each installation.